The GO Society's Book
You need to login first to see or download this section
- Board Member (2004-2013)
- GO Editorial Board (2005-Present)
- GO Editorial Board (2005-2008)
by Ken Shepard (Editor), Jerry L. Gray (Editor), & James G. (Jerry) Hunt (Editor) with 40 authors from around the world.
Incredibly, the first book in the GO Society Reading Series In Organization Design, has been adopted into the management curriculum of corporate universities within a month of the July 2007 launch!
The Executive Guide - authored/co-authored and edited by over 40 respected CEOs, consultants, academics, and management educators from 7 countries - was specially prepared for CEOs, C-Level Management and General Managers, and has already drawn many powerful endorsements, reviews and testimonials.
Contents of the Book
By structuring the flow of this book across seven subject areas, we endeavored to create a logical sequence for those interested in reading from cover to cover. For others, each article is designed to stand alone so that those with more targeted interests may follow them according to their own priorities.
Perspectives on the Levels of Work Approach to Organizational Design
- The Long View of Leadership
- Summary of "Social Power and the CEO" by Elliott Jaques
- An Executive's Guide to RO-based Organizational Design
- Musing about the Elephant in the Parlor or "Who the Hell is Elliott Jaques?"
Enhanced CEO Performance
- How Did Denis Turcotte Become Canada's CEO of the Year?
- Story of a New CEO's RO Application at Canadian Tire Acceptance Ltd
- The New DNA of Corporate Governance
- A Method for Training CEOs of Small, Growing Entrepreneurial Organizations
- Profit by Raising a Key Function to the Next Level: Tools to Build a Work Levels Shifting Strategy
- On Being Heard: Insights from Complexity theory and Values as Touchstones for Effective Executive Communication Across the Levels
Major Applications of the Levels of Work Approach
- Report of a Major Requisite Organization Project at Commonwealth Industries
- Designing the Novus Management System: Aligning Requisite Systems Across 24 Countries
- The Inglis Story: How It Became the Number One Appliance Company in Canada
- Contributions of Stratified Systems Theory to Military Leader Development and Organization Redesign in the US Army
- Redesigning a Global Organization to Deal with Increasing Complexity: The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- Requisite Organization Goes to Church
Partial Applications of the Levels of Work Approach
- Structure is Not Enough: Systems are the Drivers of Organizational Behavior and Culture
- A Gift for Managers
- Teams Can't Be Better Structured Than Your Organization: How Roche Canada Created High Performing Cross-Functional Product Launch Teams
- Effective Management of Specialists in Cross-Functional Teams
- Achieving the Information Technology Promise Using Work Levels as the Framework
- CIO: Chief information Officer or Career Is Over?
- Case Studies in Organizational Design as a Major Determinant of Employee Health and Well-Being
Fitting the Right Person to the Right Role at the Right Time
- From Potential to Performance
- Individual Capability and Our Working Journey
- Implementing a Web-based Requisite Talent Management System
The Dynamics of Implementing the Levels of Work Approach
- Assessing Requisite Readiness
- How Solid is Requisite Organization?
- Organizational Engineering and the CEO
Development and Diffusion of Levels of Work Concepts
- Wilfred Brown and Elliott Jaques: An Appreciation of a Remarkable Partnership
- Requisite Organization: Theory and Validation
- Epilogue: Building a Better Future Together
Registered users of the GO Society website can download a complete, searchable copy of this book for free. If you would like to download a free copy of the book but do not yet have an account, you can create one by clicking on the create an account link at the top right of this page. Once you have created an account and logged in, you will be able to access a download link on this page.
We hope you will like what you see scanning and reading a few articles online and will also purchase a hard copy